Exciting news coming from build.prestashop.com stating that PrestaShop Version 1.7.6 has been released!
In this version we focused on improving and bringing back important 1.6 features to merchants, and kept working on code quality and performance improvements. We have made important progress on the Symfony migration as well.
The list of improvements and new features is impressively long! Let’s see…
Front Office in PrestaShop 1.7.6
- New design for transactional emails (optimized for mobile display), which strengthen the customer relationship and improve the shopping experience.
- New transactional emails template
- Improved display of the price details (product price, shipping, taxes, etc.) at all key stages of the purchasing process to improve customer reassurance and conversions.
- New profile menu with direct access to resources (documentation, training, agencies, help center…).
- Updated version of the Product Comments module, with rich snippets. Available on 1.7.6+ versions.
- Updated Product Comments module
- Fully refactored faceted search (for sorts and filters) on the categories and listings pages with the addition of a price slider. The new version is available for all 1.7.1+ versions.
- Refactored faceted Search module
- Improved Catalog mode: for showcase websites, you can now choose to display or to hide product prices.
- Improved currency management subsystem. This is the basis to allow more customization in the next versions, adding custom currencies for example.Improved SEO for products with combinations.
Back Office Improvements
- Manage and preview your transactional emails directly from a new back-office page: Email Theme.
- In order to gather all prices in the same place, a “Price (tax incl.)” column has been added to the product listing. In one glance, it is now possible to get both tax included and excluded prices for each product.
- New helper cards have been added on important pages to improve the software onboarding: Categories, Customers, Pages, Employees.
- Dynamic preview of search engine results has been added to more pages: Product page, Categories, CMS.
- The watermark module has been updated to 1.7 – thanks to the community. The module is available in the Module Catalog.
- Improved translation system for multilingual modules.
- The Design section of the back office has been reworked. Now you are able to have an overview of all design features (RTL, logos, favicon and theme) and manage them the way you want.
- Optimized back office administration on mobile devices.
For those of you interested in all the nitty gritty details, check out the post on build.prestashop.com for a detailed list of al changes made.
Other articles you might like: